Post Op sinus precautions
During the course of your surgical procedure, a hole was encountered between your mouth and the maxillary sinus. These holes will normally heal on their own, but several guidelines should be followed to help the healing.
Keep quiet and generally take it easy for 48 to 72 hours after your surgery. Keep your head elevated while resting.
- Avoid hot liquids for 48 hours.
- Do not drink through a straw for one week.
- Do not smoke for one to two weeks.
- Avoid blowing your nose forcefully for the next two weeks.
- When sneezing, do so with the mouth open.
- Avoid vigorous rinsing during the first week. Do not spit forcefully.
Please contact the office if you have questions or concerns.910-620-3897 (alternate phone)
910-509-1422 (office phone)